VVGB Advocaten / Avocats is an independent international law firm based in Brussels, Belgium.
The firm is composed of experienced partners and their teams who combine their expertise and strengths to provide premier quality and personalized service at competitive rates.
VVGB is organized around two main areas of expertise:
EU, Trade and Competition Law
- International and EU trade law
- EU and national competition law
- EU state aid law
- EU, international and national regulatory law: telecoms, transport, environmental regulation, food and drug law, chemicals, REACH/CLP, biocides, plant protection products, etc.
- International investment law
- Litigation: GATT/WTO, EU Courts and the domestic courts, ICSID, etc.
Corporate and Tax Law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture capital
- Private equity
- Corporate finance
- General business law
- Commercial litigation and arbitration
The firm’s clients include multinational corporations, medium-sized companies, international and domestic industry associations and governments.
VVGB frequently serves as a single entry point to international clients for their business activities in the European Union.
Most of our lawyers have received their legal education and training in several jurisdictions, combining the best of European-continental and Anglo-American legal traditions.
Amongst many honors, VVGB has received the 2013 M&A International Global Award as ‘Boutique Law Firm of the Year – Belgium’, the 2012 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award as ‘Independent Law Firm of the Year in Belgium’, the ICFM (InterContinental Finance Magazine) Global Award as ‘Boutique Law Firm of the Year – Belgium 2012′ and top rankings in Legal 500, Chambers and Who’s Who Legal for Trade and Customs.